New race(s)

Forum for discussion of most non-Starcraft 2 topics

New race(s)

Postby King Jackal » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:34 am

Seeing as Wings of Liberty introduced the hybrids, I have a feeling that we will see the Hybrids as a playable race, not at Legacy of the Void, but maybe StarCraft 3. In fact, they might even make one for Protoss Hybrid and Zerg hybrid. What do you guys think?

Personally, I think the beta stage will go on for a really long time, as they try to balance the 4 (or 5) races in the game. However, this is all speculation, and there might not even be a StarCraft 3 (hope not).
King Jackal
Bronze Member

Re: New race(s)

Postby BLaM » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:37 pm

Well... there was only 1 hyrbid, right? Been a while since I played the campaign... but I think it was just a single beasty, not an entire race. Plus we killed that shit I think. lol.

SOOOOO far down the road though. Expect HotS Beta this summer and maybe the retail game around September. I can't see Legacy of the Void being available until 2014 which puts StarCraft 3 at like what... 2017 at the earliest?

I think a Hybrid race is too obscure... and potentially too powerful (at least in the storyline) to be a viable race option. I would definitely expect Blizzard to introduce 1 new race for SC3, but I'd seriously doubt they'd support more than 4 races. WarCraft III worked well (kinda) with 4 races so I definitely see them doing the same for SC3.

Not ruling out the Hybrids as a possible race I think it'd be more likely to split off an existing faction, Dark Protoss, UED, Dominion, etc.

//New Contest... first 200 people to post 1000 times will be entered to receive a free copy of StarCraft 3 Ultra Deluxe Collectors Edition
I won't deny it, I'm a straight rider, you don't wanna fuck with me
-Tupac
BLaM
Site Admin

Postby Augphlosion » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:11 pm

@BLaM

BLaM wrote://New Contest... first 200 people to post 1000 times will be entered to receive a free copy of StarCraft 3 Ultra Deluxe Collectors Edition

Challenge accepted. :x (Suppose to be F*** Yeah face)
Twitch.tv/augphlosion
Diamond Zerg streaming! :D
Team OpGaming.
Augphlosion
Gold Member

Postby King Jackal » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:33 am

Well, I was thinking of Hybrid Protoss and Hybrid Zerg... But I guess there will only be one hybrid race rather than two, if you think about it.

And regarding splitting off factions into new factions, I don't think it will happen as there will be far too many factions. Like those Tal' Darim or something...
King Jackal
Bronze Member

Postby Andeloth » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:06 pm

Augphlosion wrote: Challenge accepted. :x (Suppose to be F*** Yeah face)

Aren't you supposed to use the challenge accepted rageface for challenge accepted? Anyway, count me in :D I'll do my best. That's actually not that hard, when you visit the forum often
Andeloth
Silver Member

Postby duckman » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:32 pm

BLaM wrote://New Contest... first 200 people to post 1000 times will be entered to receive a free copy of StarCraft 3 Ultra Deluxe Collectors Edition

yes challenge accepted:D but wat if there is no sc3 ( there most likely will be but u never know)
twitch.tv/tyranus96
theadamantgamers.forumotion.ca
duckman
Platinum Member

Postby Whitewing » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:33 pm

There won't be any new races, they have enough trouble balancing for 3.
Whitewing
Team SCS

Postby bigpawz » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:59 am

Whitewing wrote:There won't be any new races, they have enough trouble balancing for 3.

this right here lol!

I like the idea of different factions within each race. If anyone has played recent Command and Conquer games you know what i'm talking about. Exclusive units to each faction e.g. Raynor's raiders has access to vultures instead of hellions but the Dominion faction would have spectre's instead of ghost (elite ghost in storyline) just throwing out ideas.
-=Hand Grenades=-
bigpawz
Bronze Member

Postby JaggedFel » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:39 am

I think that idea might have merit. You choose what faction you want to be. Or maybe even choosing either goliath over a thor or a vulture over a hellion or vice versa.
You never want your wingman to be a kamikaze.
-JaggedFel
(Yup, I came up with it)
JaggedFel
Platinum Member

Postby xXGhostXx » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:18 pm

Starcraft: Brood War lasted 12 years... If you want SC3 Expect it in 2022. :P If you think about how long it took to make Blizzard games you would understand.
xXGhostXx
Silver Member

Postby duckman » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:16 am

original starcraft also only had 1 expansion SC2 has 3 :O
twitch.tv/tyranus96
theadamantgamers.forumotion.ca
duckman
Platinum Member

Postby lightning » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:23 pm

i don't think that will be a sc3 in the near future.sc2 is enought for 10 years i think.
lightning
n00b

Return to General Discussion